In the lead-up to the European Championships, which also serves as an Olympic qualification event starting on November 8th, the PROW GROUP European Warm UP 2.0 Regatta recently took place from October 26th to 29th in the charming setting of Vilamoura. This regatta wasn’t just practice; it was a showcase of talent and fierce competition.
With 214 athletes participating in the 49er, 49er FX, and Nacra 17 classes, this event provided a great opportunity to test the waters. Sailors pushed their limits, knowing that success here could lead them to the Olympics. Each race demonstrated their dedication and passion for the sport.
Watch some highlights from day 2 of racing here:
The beautiful Vilamoura scenery added to the spectacle. Set against stunning waters and a picturesque coastline, every race was thrilling, from the exciting starts to the nail-biting finishes.
- SUI – Sébastien SCHNEITER and Arno DE PLANTA
- NZL – Isaac MCHARDIE and William MCKENZIE
- NZL – Logan DUNNING BECK and Oscar Llewellyn GUNN
- ITA – Jana GERMANI and Giorgia BERTUZZI
- ITA – Alexandra STALDER and Silvia SPERI
- POL – Aleksandra MELZACKA and Sandra JANKOWIAK
Results Nacra 17:
- ITA – Ruggero TITA and Caterina BANTI
- ITA – Gianluigi UGOLINI and Maria GIUBILEI
- NZL – Micah WILKINSON and Erica DAWSON
Now, as we look ahead to the European Championships, we anticipate even more excitement. The PROW GROUP European Warm UP 2.0 Regatta gave us a taste of the incredible talent we’ll see in the Championships. With Olympic dreams at stake, the competition will be intense.
Recap of the last day of Racing and Prize giving: