Last training session before the Junior World Championship begins
Key figures of the JWV a day before the competitions start
- 104 teams competing for the title
- 300 people from abroad attending the venue (competitors, coaches, friends and families, referees, judges, juries…)
- 28 different nations on the start line
- 2 regatta courses
- 5 days of races from Aug 28 to Sept 1
- Today from 2pm training races
- About 100 over-motivated volunteers to make these championships a great event
The Olympic games in sight for the 2014 generation
This event will enable the 2014 generation of competitors to get familiar with the South Bay of Marseilles, in order to get a medal in 2014, who knows??!
Today the training races started at 2pm for all 3 Olympic series.
This race is like a final drill before the actual races. The sailors are getting used to the conditions before the official start of the competition tomorrow.
We are really pleased to welcome all competitors and their staff for the opening ceremony…
Tonight from 6pm and on everybody will attend the opening ceremony, in the presence of many officials:
- Didier Réault – Deputy Mayor, of the city of Marseilles in charge of the sea, coast areas, yachting and beaches
- Maxime Tommasini – general counselor, representing Renaud Muselier, president of the South region
- Representatives from the German, Japanese, Italian and Estonian consulates
This ceremony is here to symbolize the starting point of the competition for the competitors.
The agenda for the next few days is : a 5-day regatta with a maximum of 5 races a day for each class.