On the second qualifying day in Lelystad, there was more wind. We all know that more wind is equal to more sailing. Both classes have sailed four races today.
In the morning, the 49erFX class started out on the water. The Dutch guys Bart Lambriex en Philip Meijer were the most constant team of the day. They sailed three second spots and a fourth. They are currently on top of the leaderboard with eighteen points in six matches.
- NED – Bart Lambriex, Philip Meijer – 18 points
- ITA – Maria Ottavia Raggio, Paola Bergamaschi – 21 points
- GER – Ann Kristin Wedemeyer, Pia Sophie Wedemeyer – 21 points
The 49er class sailed in the afternoon. Erwan Fischer and Thibault Julien from France were the most impressive team today. The German team Tim Fischer and Fabian Graf also had a good day. They’re second with a gap of six points. Surprise of the day is the Spanish team of Marti Llena and Santiago Alegre. They had some great races (1st and 2nd today) but also had some tough races (13th and 21st). Overall they didn’t made it to the top three yet.
- FRA – Erwan Fischer, Thibault Julien – 27 points
- GER – Tim Fischer, Fabian Graf – 33 points
- AUS – Harry Price, Harry Morton – 43 points
Tomorrow we will have the final qualifying day. The best seven teams will go straight to the finals. Numbers eight to fifteen will go to the semi finals. The winner of the semi finals will also proceed to the final. The remaining teams will sail two more races to complete their leaderboard and determine their spot on the ranking list.