Weather Forecast Day 1
Day 1 looks to be a fantastic day to kick off racing at the European Championship. It’s three degrees warmer than yesterday, and mostly clear skies. Wind is currently 8-9 knots at 8:30 am, building to 15 knots throughout the morning.
There is a chance for the wind to build higher than 15 knots to about 18, with puffs either up to 21 or possibly 25.
Here is the detailed forecast for those with greater interest.
If you love watching live racing, the real fun begins on Wednesday, when you can watch live streamed racing action from the water, complete with professional commentary, tracking, and much more. You’ll find the live notifications via our alerts if you sign up.
– Centralized site for interviews, photos, results, articles and other regatta documentation.
Live Broadcasts of Gold Fleet and Finals, August 2-4
– From 11am CET head to our YouTube channel, http://youtube.com/
– August 2 and 3 will see us covering gold fleet racing, with 20 boats for the 49er and 49erFX, and 24 boats for the Foiling Nacra 17.
– August 4 will see us covering the finals. Each fleet will have 3 ‘theatre style’ races to determine the European Champions. Link for Day 4. Link for Day 5. Link for Day 6
– Our live broadcast will have a drone camera, sideline camera, on board cameras, and a virtual environment. Combined with the best fleet racing our aim is to engage you with some spectacular world class sailing!
Adidas Daily Shows
– Get to know the personalities behind the circuit and all the background to these Classes.
– Hosted by Alan Block, we’ll cover the future stars, the seasoned vets, and give you a preview of what’s ahead for the day.
– Live on facebook @49ersailing @nacra17sailing from 11am CET
SAP Sailing Analytics
– Follow along with the gold fleets via sapsailing.com. There will be live tracking, race replay, and SAP sailing analytics for all gold fleet and finals races on days 4, 5, and 6 of the Event.
– Sailing Energy will provide daily photo albums best viewed through the event websites or Class facebook pages.
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Day 0 – Practice race and Opening Ceremony – July 29
Day 1 – Qualification for 49er and 49erFX, extra practice race for Nacra 17 – July 30
Days 2-3 – Qualification for 49er and 49erFX, Fleet Racing for Full Foiling and C-Board Nacra 17 – July 31-Aug 1
Day 4-5 – Gold Fleet for 49er and 49erFX, Fleet Racing for Full Foiling and C-Board Nacra 17 – Aug 2-3
Day 6 – Theatre Final for Foiling Nacra 17, 49er,and 49erFX – Aug 4